|Live Event Date: 2/22/2022|
|Web Seminar||90 min.||Yes|
In today’s frequently changing workspace, it is critical that practitioners guide clients in complying with their employees’ status requirements. Do you know which statuses require amended filings? Do you know when amendments need to be filed? The panelists on this beginner to intermediate seminar will discuss how to assess a variety of job changes to determine what actions are necessary to remain in compliance.
- Which Visa Types Require Amended Filings?
- How to Define a Material Change
- Advising on If and When Petitioners Have to File an Amendment
- Actions Other Than a Formal Amendment That May Be Required
- Addressing Dependent Status: Whether to Extend with the Amendment, and the Ramifications of This Decision
AILA Membership Benefit – Access to Free Seminar Recordings (CLE Credit Available for $35)
Enjoy access to free seminar recordings (from October 2020–present) as an AILA Member. AILA encourages live attendance for those wishing to ask the speaker questions. CLE credit is included with purchase for live participants.
Recordings will be available approximately two weeks after the live event date. AILA members can access these seminars, with no CLE credit, for free. Recordings are CLE eligible in most jurisdictions and an administration fee is required to obtain CLE credit.
Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours. AILA will administer CLE credit only to individuals who register and log into the web seminar. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the web seminar and use your name to log in to participate in the program. Therefore, persons who log in or listen in on the web seminar as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, visit the CLE Center.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys’ request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, OR, TN and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida and Rhode Island - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of seminars in FL and RI. Programs are typically approved.
- The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: MO and PR. Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. View the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
To receive CLE credit for the live event, attorneys must record web seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the web seminar date via webCLE.
Neil Dornbaum (DL), AILA DOL Liaison Committee, Roseland, NJ
*Olivia S. Lee, AILA Board of Governors, San Francisco, CA
Jared Leung, Scottsdale, AZ