|Live Event Date: 04/27/2023 - 4/28/2023|
Want the inside scoop on what is happening now at government agencies? Join us for the 2023 AILA Spring CLE Conference and Webcast for a unique opportunity to hear directly from agency leadership and representatives of the Biden Administration. Agency officials and AILA liaison committees will discuss the latest regulatory and policy initiatives affecting your practice and clients. You’ll also learn about current trends, issues in agency adjudications, and potential future changes. Don’t miss it!
Keynote and Reception
AILA is delighted to confirm that Representative Pramila Jayapal will provide the Spring Conference Keynote Address. A teenage immigrant herself and lifelong organizer, Representative Jayapal became the first South Asian American woman ever elected to the House in 2016 (currently serving her fourth term).
After the Keynote Address, AILA welcomes all in-person attendees and National Day of Action participants to a Joint Reception co-sponsored by Immigrants’ List Civic Action.
All registrants receive:
- Digital Handbook
- Conference Recordings
|AILA Members' Paralegal*||$545||$745|
|AILA Law Student Members||$345||$545|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$395||$595|
|Nonmember Law Students||$445||$645|
|AILA Members' Paralegal*||$425||$525|
|AILA Law Student Members||$225||$325|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$275||$375|
|Nonmember Law Students||$325||$425|
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart before the deadline and paying by credit card. We encourage you to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration and register by April 4, 2023.
Once you register online, the registration system will auto-generate a receipt to your paid registration.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Information and Protocols
AILA no longer requires proof of vaccination status to attend the AILA in-person conferences, meetings, or events. Mask-wearing is optional, at the discretion of each attendee. Please act responsibly and with consideration for the health and safety of others. For more information, please read the full protocols at: https://www.aila.org/conferences/in-person.
By registering for and attending the conference, you voluntarily agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- To accept primary responsibility for taking steps to protect yourself from contracting COVID-19.
- To follow all federal/state/local public health and government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety in effect at the time of the conference, as directed by AILA.
- To fully comply with any health, safety, and other policies instituted by AILA and the venue while attending the conference, including any modifications and/or enhancements of health and safety protocols.
- To pay for all costs and expenses if you contract COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 prior to or while at the conference, including but not limited to costs related to a mandatory or voluntary quarantine (hotel, food and beverage), medical care, transportation to and from a medical facility or hospital, and changes in travel plans.
- Hotel, food & beverage, and conference services may be modified or curtailed at any time if necessary or appropriate to meet COVID-19 health and safety practices, mandates, or recommendations, as determined by AILA or the venue.
- These COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols are subject to change without prior notice, in AILA’s sole discretion. If you do not abide by these Protocols, including the terms and conditions of attendance in effect at the time of the conference (as determined in AILA’s sole discretion), you will not be permitted to enter the conference and participate in person, or (if the conference has started) you will be refused further admission; and your registration will be transferred to the webcast option (if available). If there is no webcast, your conference registration will be canceled.
- AILA reserves the right to cancel your conference registration (including speakers and exhibitors) at any time and for any reason, and provide you with the applicable refund, in its sole discretion. If cancellation is for your failure to abide by these Protocols, including these terms and conditions of attendance, you will receive no refund.
- Under no circumstances shall AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors be liable to you (or anyone claiming through you) for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death), arising in any manner from COVID-19 or otherwise arising from your travel to/from, attendance at, or participation in, the conference.
- AILA has no responsibility for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death) arising in any manner from an event organized by an AILA chapter, affiliate, or other person or entity occurring prior to, during, or after the conference. You assume all risks from attendance at such events.
- You agree that this Assumption of Risk & Agreement does not supersede or limit any applicable law limiting or barring the liability of AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and/or contractors from any claims related to COVID-19.
The webcast option for participation in the conference will be available to those choosing not to attend in person, and those who cannot abide by the Assumption of Risk & Agreement terms above. Those participating by webcast are responsible for providing their own computer and other equipment used to access the conference, and to pay for connectivity. Webcast participants also assume the risk of computer and Internet malfunctions and connection problems.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered for AILA National Conferences and Seminars based on need and availability. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
All paralegals must first create a paralegal account on AILA.org and complete the AILA member paralegal verification process in order to register for AILA products and services. Non-member paralegals are not eligible to register. Paralegals cannot register for AILA conferences until the verification process is complete.
AILA’s Meeting Code of Conduct:
AILA is committed to providing a professional and productive learning environment for all participants and staff. As a result, all participants are expected to follow all stated meeting and event instructions and guidelines in order to maintain an atmosphere of professionalism, mutual respect, and collegiality. AILA members in particular are expected to adhere to the principles set forth in AILA’s civility code. The guidelines herein apply to all AILA in-person, virtual, webcast and online programming including but not limited to AILA conferences, seminars, online courses, and roundtables. All participants must comply with the following guidelines to participate in the meetings and events:
- All participants are expected to maintain a professional and civil discourse throughout AILA’s in-person/virtual meeting and event space. Participants are prohibited from using any defamatory, abusive, profane, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, and/or offensive language during the sessions or events including but not limited to Q&A, chat rooms or any activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderators and/or any event staff.
- Disruption of sessions, events or any activity that takes place in-person or in virtual space is prohibited.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services unless preapproved by AILA. AILA reserves the right to remove any such communications that have not been preapproved.
- Participants may not record, transmit, copy, or take screen shots of any sessions or events including but not limited to Q&A, chat rooms or any activity that takes place in the event space without prior approval from AILA. Participants who do not comply or are in violation of any of AILA’s meeting guidelines may be denied further access and participation at the discretion of event organizers. AILA is not responsible for reimbursement or refund if you are denied access or participation due to violation of AILA’s Meeting Code of Conduct.
Participants can contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns related to AILA’s Meeting Code of Conduct.
All registrations and reservations are subject to approval. Registrations and reservations received without payment will be returned. Registrations are NOT transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees. Cancellations must be received by the cancellation deadline date in writing to be eligible for the full refund (less $50 processing fee). Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. Any and all liability of AILA with respect to registration, reservations, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall AILA be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
Attendance at in-person, virtual, webcast and online programming including but not limited to AILA conferences, seminars, online courses, and roundtables is solely restricted to AILA members and their employees, government employees, and nonmember attorneys. Non-attorney attendance is limited to the employees of AILA members in good standing, to HR professionals who have an AILA member reference, employees of accredited educational institutions providing support to international student and scholar services at their employing institutions, and accredited representatives under 8 CFR §292.2. AILA will reject conference registrations from persons who provide representation without authorization in violation of 8 CFR §292.1, such as for-profit "immigration consultants" and "notarios."
Attendance Reporting on webCLE
You must sign in and timely submit attendance using webCLE in order to receive CLE credits. The total number of credits available for AILA events is determined by state bodies and may vary by jurisdiction.
Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at the AILA conferences and events constitute an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant's image, voice, and/or electronic communication in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions and video/audio recordings of such events by AILA. Your registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance and booths visited.
AILA will provide ADA assistance if requested. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your special needs at the time of conference registration. Assistance may not be available if an adequate notice period is not provided.
Live Conference CLE Credit
AILA will file for CLE credits in appropriate jurisdictions. Eligible participants can receive up to 11.4 total credits in 50-minute jurisdictions and up to 9.5 total credits in 60-minute jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and CLE codes provided at each session via webCLE. Live attendance must be recorded by Friday, May 5th, 2023. This deadline does not apply to the download format.
Please Note: CLE credits not reported on webCLE by the published deadline will be subject to an administrative late fee to cover incurred costs.
On-Demand Conference CLE Credit
AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who download this recording through Agora only; the invoice is used as a form of CLE verification.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record session attendance and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 11.4 total credits in 50-minute jurisdictions and up to 9.5 total credits in 60-minute jurisdictions.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the number of OnDemand credits that may be applied in a compliance period and may also limit OnDemand credits based on the date of the original presentation. Please be aware of your state's expiration dates for OnDemand credits, please view the OnDemand Expiration Chart for more details or confirm with your state's bar association.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: MO and PR.
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
AILA Room Rate:
$319 Single/Double, plus applicable taxes and a destination fee of $20 per day
AILA block of rooms at the group rate has sold out. Please check the link below for the current best available rate.
Make a Reservation
By phone: (202) 582-1234 or 1-800-233-1234 (group code G-AILA)
Hotel Cut-off Date: April 4, 2023
Nearby Hotel Options from the Grand Hyatt:
*AILA does not have a group rate at the properties listed below. Room rates and availability listed below are as of 03/28/23 and subject to change anytime. Please check cancellation policy for each property before reserving your stay.
Hamilton Hotel Washington DC | Official Site (hamiltonhoteldc.com)
1001 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
10 mins walk, 0.4 miles from Grand Hyatt
Average Rate: $258/night + taxes and fees
Washington, DC Hotels on Pennsylvania Avenue | JW Marriott Washington DC
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004
9 mins walk, 0.5 miles from Grand Hyatt
Average Rate: $496/night + taxes and fees
Washington DC Hotels | Kimpton Hotel Monaco DC (monaco-dc.com)
700 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
7 mins walk, 0.4 mile from Grand Hyatt
Average Rate: $374/night + taxes and fees
YOTEL Washington DC | Capitol Hill Hotel | YOTEL
415 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
21 mins walk, 1 mile from Grand Hyatt
Average Rate: $245/night + taxes and fees
The Darcy | An Elegant Washington DC Hotel (thedarcyhotel.com)
1515 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005
19 mins walk, 0.9 mile from Grand Hyatt
Average Rate: $247/night + taxes and fees
Hotel reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Rooms at the AILA rate will sell out before the deadline, so we advise you to make your reservation as early as possible. AILA will not be able to get additional rooms at the AILA rate after the AILA block of rooms fills up.
The specially discounted AILA group rate has been contracted for room nights reserved from April 26, 2023 through April 29, 2023 only. The AILA group rate is not guaranteed for any other dates and will be based on availability.
Date: Friday, April 28, 2023
Time: 6:00 pm–8:00 pm (ET)
Location: The Schuyler DC at the Hamilton Hotel, 1001 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005
Come support the American Immigration Council and its vision for a fair and just immigration system. Network, experience unique art activations from featured local immigrant artists, and hear from powerful speakers over cocktails and appetizers.
For more than 16 years, the Council has bestowed the Immigrant Achievement Award upon outstanding individuals or organizations who exhibit a commitment and dedication to our heritage as a nation of immigrants. This year, the Council will honor Pennsylvania State University President Neeli Bendapudi, Ph.D. Dr. Bendapudi made history as the first woman and the first person of color to serve as Penn State’s President.
Registration is complimentary for those attending the 2023 AILA Spring CLE Conference. Please add this event to your cart at the time of registration.
Cancellations received by April 4, 2023, entitle registrants to a full refund (less $50 processing fee). Cancellation requests will not be accepted after April 4, 2023, but the conference materials will be made available to all registrants in their AILA Digital Libraries. Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. All cancellations must be submitted by email to email@example.com.