|Release Date: 6/15/2022|
Nontraditional binational marriages tend to contradict many outdated principles and traditions. The experts on this advanced panel will discuss how our current immigration system creates unfair obstacles for nontraditional binational couples. They also will provide practice tips for immigration practitioners handling cases involving nontraditional marriages.
- USCIS Marriage Fraud Indicators Present in Most Nontraditional Marriages
- Distinguishing a Nontraditional Marriage from a Fraudulent One: How to Recognize Biases and Advocate for Clients
- Creative Evidence for Demonstrating a Bona Fide Marriage
- Preparing for and Representing Your Clients in Interviews, Investigations, and Home Visits
Please review the following information:
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys’ request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, OR, TN and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida and Rhode Island - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of seminars in FL and RI. Programs are typically approved.
- The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: MO and PR. Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. View the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Eligible participants can receive up to 1.2 elimination of bias credits in 50-minute jurisdictions and 1 elimination of bias credit in 60-minute jurisdictions. AILA will administer CLE credit only to individuals who register and log into the web seminar. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the web seminar and use your name to log in to participate in the program. Therefore, persons who log in or listen in on the web seminar as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, visit the CLE Center. The 2022 AILA Annual Conference Recordings are valid 1 year through June 15th, 2023.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, contact us at email@example.com.