|Event Date: 12/14/2022, 3pm (ET)|
This call will discuss motions to reopen related to defective Notices to Appear (NTAs) and how the circuits have dealt with this issue.
- Motions to reopen in absentia orders for defective NTAs
- Circuit review:
- Rodriguez v. Garland, 5th circuit
- Singh v. Garland, 9th circuit
- Laparra Deleon v. Garland, 1st circuit
- What do you need to raise in a such a motion?
- Possible reasons for denial
Joining the Removal Defense Section is easy and there is no application needed. Simply go to My AILA and click on "Update Sections" under the My Membership questions.
Paul O'Dwyer, Removal Defense Steering Committee Vice Chair, New York, NY
David Zimmer, Amicus Committee Vice Chair, Boston, MA