|Event Date: 12/14/2022, 3pm (ET)|
|Zoom Webinar||59 min.||No|
This call will discuss motions to reopen related to defective Notices to Appear (NTAs) and how the circuits have dealt with this issue.
- Motions to reopen in absentia orders for defective NTAs
- Circuit review:
- Rodriguez v. Garland, 5th circuit
- Singh v. Garland, 9th circuit
- Laparra Deleon v. Garland, 1st circuit
- What do you need to raise in a such a motion?
- Possible reasons for denial
Joining the Removal Defense Section is easy and there is no application needed. Simply go to My AILA and click on "Update Sections" under the My Membership questions.
Paul O'Dwyer, Removal Defense Steering Committee Vice Chair, New York, NY
David Zimmer, Amicus Committee Vice Chair, Boston, MA
The speaker's/author's views do not necessarily represent the views of AILA, nor do they constitute legal advice or representation. Practice tips provided are based on the speaker's/author's experiences and the current state of the law. Please be sure to conduct legal research and analysis for your unique situation as the law changes quickly and experiences may differ from your own.