|Release Date: 07/02/2020|
Public Charge and Affidavits of Support: A Practitioner's Guide, written by Charles Wheeler of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), builds on the first edition of this book (Affidavits of Support: A Practitioner’s Guide) and provides an expanded treatment of inadmissibility and public charge issues.
It covers changes at the USCIS, DOJ, and DOS and provides in-depth, step-by-step guidance on completing and filing the affidavit of support and its associated forms.
The second edition also covers topics such as:
- Completing and documenting Forms I-944 and DS-5540;
- USCIS and DOS interpretation of public charge;
- Eligibility to be a sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, and household member;
- Measuring household size, measuring income and assets, and documentary requirements;
- Completing and filing the I-864, I-864EZ, and I-864A;
- Agency review and adjudication;
- Ethical issues surrounding the affidavit of support;
- Sponsorship obligations and termination of the contract;
- The Form I-134, Affidavit of Support;
- And more!
Public Charge and Affidavits of Support: A Practitioner's Guide will provide you with best practices for preparing affidavits of support and enhance your understanding of this complicated area of immigration law.
This publication is available in print, PDF, and eBook formats. Order your copy today!
*Interested in a bulk purchase? Contact us to receive a bulk discount when purchasing 5 or more copies.