|Live Event Date: 7/12/2022|
|Web Seminar||90 min.||Yes|
Do you ever wonder what the USCIS or DOS officer reviewing a case is really thinking? Our panel of former USCIS and DOS officers will provide best practices learned from their time in government service and leave plenty of time for questions and answers.
- How to Organize a USCIS Filing
- Importance (or Non-Importance) of Cover Letters, Tables of Contents, and Supporting Letters
- The Value of Good Highlighting
- Pitfalls to Avoid at a Consular Interview
- One Thing We Wish Attorneys and Clients Had Known About Our Jobs
AILA Membership Benefit – Access to Free Seminar Recordings (CLE Credit Available for $35)
Enjoy access to free seminar recordings (from October 2020–present) as an AILA Member. AILA encourages live attendance for those wishing to ask the speaker questions. CLE credit is included with purchase for live participants.
Recordings will be available approximately two weeks after the live event date. AILA members can access these seminars, with no CLE credit, for free. Recordings are CLE eligible in most jurisdictions and an administration fee is required to obtain CLE credit.
*Lieselot Whitbeck (DL), Stuart, FL
*Stephen R. Pattison, AILA DOS Liaison Committee, Portsmouth, NH
*Christopher M. Richardson, AILA DOS Liaison Committee, Greenville, SC
*Sonia S. Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA
Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours. AILA will administer CLE credit only to individuals who register and log into the web seminar. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the web seminar and use your name to log in to participate in the program. Therefore, persons who log in or listen in on the web seminar as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, visit the CLE Center.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys’ request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, OR, TN and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida and Rhode Island - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of seminars in FL and RI. Programs are typically approved.
- The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: MO and PR. Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. View the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
To receive CLE credit for the live event, attorneys must record web seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the web seminar date via webCLE.