|Event Date: 11/15/2022|
Shaping Immigration Policies in Post-Soviet Countries: Current Challenges and Developments
The AILA Global Migration Section (GMS) welcomes you to the final Quarterly Section Call of 2022—a Regional Spotlight on post-Soviet countries. The call will feature in-country experts who will discuss several key topics followed by a live Q&A.
- Key immigration developments and issues (both existing and on the horizon)
- Existence of intercountry agreements to facilitate immigration/travel between the featured jurisdictions and any other within the region
- Most widely used immigration processes to employ foreign workers and facilitate short-term business travel
- Procedures for securing family reunification, including any automatic work entitlements for dependents
- Existence of regional instability and the downstream impact on the relevant immigration systems, including exit controls applicable to the citizens of the featured jurisdictions
The expert faculty will discuss the above topics and provide updates before fielding questions from participants. Though developed for GMS members, this meeting is open to all AILA members.
Joining the GMS is easy and there is no application needed. Simply go to My AILA and click on “Update Sections” under the “My Membership” questions.
Michal Kacprzyk (DL), AILA Global Migration Section Steering Committee, Warsaw, Poland
Valeriya Bezpala, Kyiv, Ukraine
Carolina Chebeș, Chișinău, Moldova
Tatevik Harutyunyan, Yerevan, Armenia
Tamar Simonishvili, Tbilisi, Georgia
Mikita Tolkanitsa, Minsk, Belarus
The speaker's/author's views do not necessarily represent the views of AILA, nor do they constitute legal advice or representation. Practice tips provided are based on the speaker's/author's experiences and the current state of the law. Please be sure to conduct legal research and analysis for your unique situation as the law changes quickly and experiences may differ from your own.