|Event Date: 06/10/2020
CLE Credit Not Available for Roundtables
|Video Roundtable||60 minutes||No|
This Video Roundtable is available only to AILA members.
- What do the regulations state? Discretion, Discretion, and more Discretion
- Determining when the extraordinary circumstances argument is necessary, given the 60 day allowance in the regulation and the continued lack of premium processing
- The key difference between an overstay and a failure to maintain status
- Anticipating future issues and preserving options for the employer and employee
- Arguments to make: the faultless, the hardship, and more
AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are free learning opportunities for AILA members that feature a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to share and learn on a variety of topics. AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by expert faculty selected for their expertise. Registration through Agora is limited, on a first come, first serve basis. Sessions take place via the Zoom conferencing platform.
The speaker's views do not necessarily represent the views of AILA, nor do they constitute legal advice or representation. Practice tips provided in the written materials are based on the speaker's experiences and current state of the law. Please be sure to conduct legal research and analysis for your unique situation as the law changes quickly and the speaker's experiences may differ from your own.