|Live Event Date: 11/10/2022 - 11/12/2022|
The AILA Hawaii and California Chapters invite you to enjoy our sunshine while updating your immigration skills and knowledge. This three-day event begins the evening of November 10 and runs through the afternoon of Saturday, November 12, 2022 and will be held in downtown Los Angeles. The conference will cover federal litigation, trends in employment-based visas, and hot topics in all areas of immigration law. The conference will also feature two special panels aimed to teach humanitarian immigration to business practitioners and employment-based immigration to family and removal defense practitioners. We hope to see you all in the Golden State in November!
View the California Chapters Conference program.
All registrants receive:
- Digital Handbook
- Conference Recordings
|AILA Members' Paralegal*||$575||$675|
|AILA Law Student Members||$375||$475|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$425||$525|
|Nonmember Law Students||$475||$575|
|AILA Members' Paralegal*||$385||$435|
|AILA Law Student Members||$210||$260|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$235||$285|
|Nonmember Law Students||$310||$360|
Because of safety protocols, limited seating availability, and the requirement for registrants (in-person only) to sign the “COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims form, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration and register by October 26, 2022. You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart before the deadline and paying by credit card.
Once you register online, the registration system will auto-generate a receipt to your paid registration. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE. Once we receive your registration, you will receive by e-mail a “COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement – and Liability Waiver and Release of Claims”. Please sign electronically by opting in or opting out and returning to AILA within 48 (forty-eight) business hours of receiving the form to complete the registration.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Information and Protocols
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and its variants (herein collectively referred to as “COVID-19”) exists in any public place where people are present. AILA will follow the applicable COVID-19 health and safety measures put into effect for the time of the conference by federal, state, and local public health and government officials. The requirements in this document are based on conditions at the time registration for the conference was opened. In the event that the US Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (“CDC”) imposes more stringent COVID-19 Guidance applicable to travel or the conference location, AILA will follow that Guidance.
Attendance at the in-person conference is limited to all registered participants (including speakers and exhibitors) who have completed the registration process and signed this Liability Waiver and Release of Claims as instructed.
Assumption of Risk & Agreement
By registering for and attending the conference, you voluntarily agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- To accept primary responsibility for taking steps to protect yourself from contracting COVID-19.
- To follow all federal/state/local public health and government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety in effect at the time of the conference, as directed by AILA.
- To fully comply with any health, safety, and other policies instituted by AILA and the venue while attending the conference, including any modifications and/or enhancements of health and safety protocols.
- To provide proof of up to date vaccination against COVID-19 upon arrival at the conference, including proof of a booster vaccination within the time frame recommended by the US Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (for persons 18 years of age and older, currently at least 5 months after receiving the 2nd Pfizer vaccine, 5 months after receiving the 2nd Moderna vaccine, or 2 months after receiving the J&J vaccination). You should complete all vaccinations prior to arriving at the conference. Additional booster vaccinations may be required, and/or the time frame for vaccinations changed, with notice from AILA upon issuance of any updated recommendations by the CDC.
- If the conference is held in a city with a “low” or “medium” COVID-19 community level as determined by the CDC, masks will be optional, except for (i) persons immunocompromised; (ii) persons at high risk of severe diseases; and (iii) persons having close contact with someone with COVID-19 within 10 days of the conference, as set forth below.
- If masks are required, to properly wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose at all times as directed by AILA, including but not limited to in the conference spaces except while actively eating or drinking. N95, KN95, and disposable surgical masks are preferred.
- Prior to the conference, if you test positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, to quarantine in your home and wear a mask around others for at least 5 days; and to not travel for 10 days from the date the symptoms started or the positive test was taken. A subsequent negative test is required before attending the conference.
- Prior to the conference, if you were in close contact with someone with COVID-19, to get tested 5-7 days after your last exposure, and prior to the conference. If your test is negative, you may attend the conference, but must wear a mask until 10 days after your last exposure.
- If required by AILA, to submit to a daily health check at the conference. This may include a COVID test.
- To pay for all costs and expenses if you contract COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 prior to or while at the conference, including but not limited to costs related to a mandatory or voluntary quarantine (hotel, food and beverage), medical care, transportation to and from a medical facility or hospital, and changes in travel plans.
- Hotel and conference services may be modified or curtailed at any time if necessary or appropriate to meet COVID-19 health and safety practices.
- These COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols are subject to change without prior notice, in AILA’s sole discretion. If you do not abide by these Protocols, including the terms and conditions of attendance in effect at the time of the conference (as determined in AILA’s sole discretion), you will not be permitted to enter the conference and participate in person, or (if the conference has started) you will be refused further admission; and your registration will be transferred to the webcast option (if available).
- AILA reserves the right to cancel your conference registration (including speakers and exhibitors) at any time and for any reason, and provide you with the applicable refund, in its sole discretion. If cancellation is for your failure to abide by the terms and conditions of attendance, you will receive no refund.
- Under no circumstances shall AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors be liable to you (or anyone claiming through you) for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death), arising in any manner from COVID-19 or otherwise arising from your travel to/from, attendance at, or participation in, the conference.
- AILA has no responsibility for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death) arising in any manner from an event organized by an AILA chapter, affiliate, or other person or entity occurring prior to, during, or after the conference. You assume all risks from attendance at such events.
- You agree that this Liability Waiver & Release of Claims does not supersede or limit any applicable law limiting or barring the liability of AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and/or contractors from any claims related to COVID-19.
All participants must be up to date with vaccinations against COVID-19 before attending the conference, and may be asked to show proof of up to date vaccination upon arrival. Anyone providing false information about their vaccination status may be barred from future conferences. “Up to date” means that you received your primary vaccination(s) and a booster dose, unless CDC guidelines indicate that an insufficient period of time has passed since your initial vaccination so that you are ineligible for a booster at the time of the conference. Should the CDC later recommend additional boosters, you must receive those boosters if required by AILA.
The webcast option for participation in the conference will be available to those choosing not to attend in person, and those who cannot abide by the Assumption of Risk & Agreement terms above. Those participating by webcast are responsible for providing their own computer and other equipment used to access the conference and to pay for connectivity. Webcast participants also assume the risk of computer and Internet malfunctions and connection problems.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered for AILA National Conferences and Seminars based on need and availability. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
All paralegals must first create a paralegal account on AILA.org and complete the AILA member paralegal verification process in order to register for AILA products and services. Non-member paralegals are not eligible to register. Paralegals cannot register for AILA conferences until the verification process is complete.
AILA’s Meeting Code of Conduct:
AILA is committed to providing a professional and productive learning environment for all participants and staff. As a result, all participants are expected to follow all stated meeting and event instructions and guidelines in order to maintain an atmosphere of professionalism, mutual respect, and collegiality. AILA members in particular are expected to adhere to the principles set forth in AILA’s civility code. The guidelines herein apply to all AILA in-person, virtual, webcast and online programming including but not limited to AILA conferences, seminars, online courses, and roundtables. All participants must comply with the following guidelines to participate in the meetings and events:
- All participants are expected to maintain a professional and civil discourse throughout AILA’s in-person/virtual meeting and event space. Participants are prohibited from using any defamatory, abusive, profane, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, and/or offensive language during the sessions or events including but not limited to Q&A, chat rooms or any activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderators and/or any event staff.
- Disruption of sessions, events or any activity that takes place in-person or in virtual space is prohibited.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services unless preapproved by AILA. AILA reserves the right to remove any such communications that have not been preapproved.
- Participants may not record, transmit, copy, or take screen shots of any sessions or events including but not limited to Q&A, chat rooms or any activity that takes place in the event space without prior approval from AILA. Participants who do not comply or are in violation of any of AILA’s meeting guidelines may be denied further access and participation at the discretion of event organizers. AILA is not responsible for reimbursement or refund if you are denied access or participation due to violation of AILA’s Virtual Code of Conduct.
Participants can contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns related to AILA’s Meeting Code of Conduct.
All registrations and reservations are subject to approval. Registrations and reservations received without payment will be returned. Registrations are NOT transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees. Cancellations must be received by the cancellation deadline date in writing to be eligible for the full refund (less $50 processing fee). Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. Any and all liability of AILA with respect to registration, reservations, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall AILA be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
Attention Non-members: Attendance at in-person, virtual, webcast and online programming including but not limited to AILA conferences, seminars, online courses, and roundtables is solely restricted to AILA members and their employees, government employees, and nonmember attorneys. Non-attorney attendance is limited to the employees of AILA members in good standing, to HR professionals who have an AILA member reference, employees of accredited educational institutions providing support to international student and scholar services at their employing institutions, and accredited representatives under 8 CFR §292.2. AILA will reject conference registrations from persons who provide representation without authorization in violation of 8 CFR §292.1, such as for-profit "immigration consultants" and "notarios."
Attendance Reporting on webCLE
You must sign in and timely submit attendance using webCLE in order to receive CLE credits. The total number of credits available for AILA events is determined by state bodies and may vary by jurisdiction.
Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at the AILA conferences and events constitute an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant's image, voice, and/or electronic communication in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions and video/audio recordings of such events by AILA. Your registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance and booths visited.
AILA will provide ADA assistance if requested. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your special needs at the time of conference registration. Assistance may not be available if an adequate notice period is not provided.
Live Conference CLE Credit
AILA will file for CLE credits in appropriate jurisdictions. Eligible participants can receive up to 15.5 total credits including 1 ethics credit, 1 elimination of bias credit, and 1 competency credit credit in 50-minute jurisdictions and up to 13 total credits including 1 ethics credit, 1 elimination of bias credit, and 1 competency credit in 60-minute jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and CLE codes provided at each session via webCLE. Live attendance must be recorded by Saturday, November 19, 2022. This deadline does not apply to the download format.
Please Note: CLE credits not reported on webCLE by the published deadline will be subject to an administrative late fee to cover incurred costs.
On-Demand Conference CLE Credit
AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who download this recording through Agora only; the invoice is used as a form of CLE verification.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record session attendance and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 28.5 total credits including 1 ethics credit, 1 elimination of bias credit, and 1 competency credit in 50-minute jurisdictions and up to 24 total credits including 1 ethics credit, 1 elimination of bias credit, and 1 competency credit in 60-minute jurisdictions.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the number of OnDemand credits that may be applied in a compliance period and may also limit OnDemand credits based on the date of the original presentation. Please be aware of your state's expiration dates for OnDemand credits, please view the OnDemand Expiration Chart for more details or confirm with your state's bar association.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: MO and PR.
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
900 W Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015
AILA Room Rate: $259 Single/Double
Hotel Cut-off Date: October 24, 2022
Above group rates are for single/double occupancy, plus applicable taxes. Please note that the AILA group block guests are exempt from the additional resort fee charge of $20.
A one-night deposit will be charged to your credit card at the time of the reservation. Please cancel 7 days prior to the arrival date to get the deposit refunded. The specially discounted AILA group rate has been contracted for room nights reserved from November 8 through November 15, 2022, only.
Make a Reservation
- Telephone: 1-877-622-3056; Please refer to the AILA group rate.
- Website: https://book.passkey.com/go/AILA22
Cancellations received by October 26, 2022, entitle registrants to a full refund (less $50 processing fee). Cancellation requests will not be accepted after October 26, 2022, but the conference materials will be made available to all registrants in their AILA Agora Digital Libraries. Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. All cancellations must be submitted by email to email@example.com.