|Release Date: 11/30/2023|
Preorder your AILA’s Asylum Primer by November 6, and you will receive an exclusive invitation to join author Dree Collopy for a live video roundtable on November 15 at 1:00 pm (ET) to discuss the new book and developments in asylum law. Please bring all your burning questions and practical insights for the discussion.
The new edition of AILA's Asylum Primer is the comprehensive, practical guide to U.S. asylum law and procedure that has been updated to address changes since the release of the last edition in 2019.
The new edition includes updates, such as:
- The state of particular social groups post-vacatur of Matter of A–B– I, Matter of A–B– II, and Matter of L–E–A– II
- Legal developments in bars to asylum eligibility: the expanded safe third country agreement with Canada, the Mendez Rojas Settlement, Negusie and the persecutor bar, and new exemptions to the material support bar
- New BIA precedent decisions addressing torturous conduct committed by public officials "acting under color of law" vs. actions of "rogue officials"
- Tips for addressing affirmative asylum processing challenges: delayed receipts, online filing, backlogs, etc.
- Utilizing the Mayorkas enforcement priorities and Doyle prosecutorial discretion memoranda in defensive asylum proceedings
- Asylum processing at the border, including the Biden Administration's new "Asylum Processing" and "Circumvention of Lawful Pathways" rules
- The impact of the J.O.P. litigation and Matter of M–A–C–O– on children seeking asylum
- Developments in administrative and judicial review of asylum claims
- Tips for addressing current EAD and I-730 challenges
- When to file asylee adjustment of status applications, following the physical presence policy change
- The Biden Administration's new parole programs
- And more!
The Primer is your all-in-one reference that is:
- A comprehensive, procedural "walk-through" of the entire U.S. asylum process from an asylum-seeker's entry into the country through his or her acquisition of U.S. citizenship;
- A manual of strategies and practical guidance for creative and zealous advocacy; and
- A guide to sources of U.S. asylum law and historical development.
Order your copy today!
*Interested in a bulk purchase? Contact us to receive a bulk discount when purchasing 5 or more copies.