|Release Date: 11/04/2022
Recording Available 7-14 Days After Event Date
|Video Roundtable||60 min.||No|
Join AILA authors and immigration law icons Ira Kurzban and Robert Pauw for a live Q&A during this free roundtable. This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered by the experts themselves!
The authors can get the conversation started by talking about important recent cases and developments reflected in the upcoming edition of their books, including:
- Is There Any Federal Court Review of Any Form of Relief After Patel V. Garland?
- What Can Federal Courts Review as A “Question of Law” After Guerrero-Lasprilla V. Barr?
- S. V. Texas—Will the States Have Standing After The Supreme Court’s Decision And Will The DHS Have Prosecutorial Authority To Not Detain A Person?
- Are Mandamus and APA Review Under The TRAC Factors Separate Avenues Of Relief And Can You Win On Mandamus And Lose Under TRAC?
- Is It Possible to Get a Stay Of Removal While Your Client Seeks Collateral Relief?
- The Status of The Consular Nonreviewability Doctrine
Ira Kuzban is the author of Kurzban’s Immigration Law Sourcebook. Since the release of the first edition in 1990, Kurzban’s Immigration Law Sourcebook has been the go-to legal reference on U.S. immigration law. It cuts out lengthy explanations to provide busy legal professionals with what they need and want—comprehensive, authoritative, and concise analysis of a complicated area of law.
Written by experienced litigator Robert Pauw, Litigating Immigration Cases in Federal Court provides how-to guidance for filing immigration lawsuits in federal court with an easy-to-use overview of the basic principles of judicial review of immigration cases and general administrative law principles that are relevant in immigration cases.
This roundtable is available only to AILA members and not CLE eligible. AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.
Ira J. Kurzban, AILA Author, Kurzban’s Immigration Law Sourcebook/AILA Past President, Miami, FL
Robert Pauw, AILA Author, Litigating Immigration Cases in Federal Court, 5th ed., Seattle, WA