Drafting Ethical and Profitable Representation Agreements and Conflict Waivers
This is a audio recording of a session presented at the June 2010 AILA Annual Conference.
Nothing is more important to the attorney-client relationship than a clearly drafted representation agreement that sets forth the rights and obligations of both parties. But not all such agreements are created equally. This session will address:
- Necessary Components of All Agreements
- Compliance with Rules of Professional Conduct and Ethics Rulings
- Does One Agreement Work in All Situations?
- How to Address Dual Representation in the Agreement
- Using the Representation Agreement to Discuss Payment of Fees
- Best Methods for Presenting the Agreement to the Client