But I’m Not an Expert! What You Need to Know About Common Non-Immigration Questions Your Clients Expect You to Know - Recording (.MP3)
While clients may think that we have all the answers, they are often coming to us with questions about things outside our scope of knowledge. Giving the traditional lawyer answer of “It depends,” can only lead to frustration when you don’t have the answers right at your fingertips. What do you really need to know and when do you ethically have to refer to someone else?
- Tax Basics for Adjustment Cases Including What Proof to Provide for Assets, Appraisers, Tax Records, Different Types of Business Ownership and Measuring Income, Etc.
- Annulment Issues Including Grounds, Divorce Not Finalized in Home Country and Married “Accidentally” to Two People, and Religious Ceremonies vs. State Marriage
- Medical Exemption Basics for N-400
- Medical Exam FAQs and Psych Exam Issues
- Common Social Security and Benefits Issues; Common DMV Issues
- Powers of Attorney Basics
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found on the AILA Seminar Recordings page.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email email@example.com.