Conversation with the USCIS Case Assistance Committee - Recording
This is a recording of an AILA University Video Roundtable free for members, hosted on Friday, September 17 at 1:00 pm Eastern.
During this AILA U Video Roundtable, members of the AILA USCIS Case Assistance Committee will provide an overview of the committee's role within AILA and ways in which the committee can assist members. The speakers will also discuss current trends and issues the committee is seeing along with a Q&A for members to ask pressing questions.
AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.
- Overview of how case escalation works: when we can and cannot escalate a problem case to the USCIS
- Alternatives to requesting Case Liaison Assistance with our committee
- Hot topics including:
- Delays in receipt notices, RFEs, and approval notices from various Service Centers and lockboxes
- Biometrics Rescheduling at USCIS Contact Center, and other trends at USCIS Contact Center
- Erroneous Birth Certificate RFEs for pending I-485s
- DACA updates in light of ongoing litigation/advance parole travel document eligibility