Breaking Through the Backlog: Employment-Based Visa Interviews After COVID - Recording (.MP3)
After a year of U.S. embassy closures and travel bans, cases have piled up at the National Visa Center (NVC) and embassies, waiting for consular interviews. The experts on this intermediate panel will examine the current state of these backlogs, provide an update on policies and procedures, and highlight best practices for breaking through the backlogs and securing an interview for your client.
- Current State of U.S. Embassies Regarding Appointment Availability and Visa Processing
- Moving Documentarily Qualified Cases from the NVC to Post
- Third-Country National Nonimmigrant Visa Applications
- Proclamations and COVID Restrictions Still in Force, Applicable National Interest Waivers (NIWs)
- Dealing with Clients from Countries Where Consular Availability May Be Limited (g., Iran, Iraq, China, Russia, etc.)
- Issues with the DS-160, Changes to the Form’s Security and Travel Questions
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found [here].
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email email@example.com.