Fearless Lawyering Unaccompanied Minors (UC): Navigating Changing Administrations and Preserving Your Client’s Rights - Recording
This is a recording of an AILA University Video Roundtable free for members, hosted on Friday, June 25 at 1:00 pm Eastern.
AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.
With a new increase in Unaccompanied Minors (UCs) at the border and a new president, it is essential to not only review the state of the law but also stay on the cutting edge on trends for success. This panel will discuss:
- Current Obstacles UCs Face in Removal Proceedings including De-Designation of UCs
- Which Memorandums Are Currently Controlling?
- The Benefits and Obstacles Facing Approved Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) Petitions
- Drafting Winning Particular Social Groups (PSG) for Asylum Cases at the Asylum Units and/or Court
- An Overview of Other Potential Pathways to Status Available to Children and Identifying Eligibility (Acquired or Derived Citizenship, VAWA, T Visa, and U Visas)