Handling Backlogs and Cases “Stuck” at the Consulates - Recording (.MP3)
COVID-19 has turned consular processing upside down. More than 500,000 applications are ready for an interview, but the consulates are providing minimal information about what you can do to move the case forward. In this intermediate to advanced seminar, our faculty of consular processing experts will discuss tips on how to move your cases forward and ensure smooth adjudication processes for your client.
- What Cases Are Being Prioritized? How to Submit a Request to Expedite
- Emergency Visa Appointment Requests: Main Criteria for Getting the Appointment
- Keeping Information Up-to-Date: How to Make Sure the Client’s Financial Information, Medical Exams, and Police Certificates Do Not Expire While the Case Is Delayed
- When All Else Fails: Filing a Mandamus Action to Get the Case “Un-Stuck”
- Motions to Dismiss and for Summary Judgment in Mandamus Litigation
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found [here].
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email firstname.lastname@example.org.