AILA's Asylum Primer: A Practical Guide to U.S. Asylum Law and Procedure, 8th Ed. (eBook)
|Expected Release Date||8/30/19|
The eighth edition of AILA's Asylum Primer is the comprehensive, practical guide to U.S. asylum law and procedure.
This edition includes updates such as:
- Matter of A-B- and Grace v. Whitaker-related updates and practice pointers addressing gang violence and gender-based persecution, particular social groups, nexus, persecution by non-state actors, internal relocation, and discretion;
- An updated "Hot Topics" chapter addressing case law developments in claims based on gang- and gender-based violence;
- Updates addressing attorney general certifications and new BIA case law, including: Matter of E-F-H-L-, Matter of Castro Tum, Matter of A-B-, Matter of L-A-B-R-, Matter of S-O-G- & F-O-B-, Matter of M-G-G-and Matter of M-S-, Matter of Negusie, and Matter of L-E-A-, and more;
- Updates and practice pointers addressing changes in immigration court practice;
- Updates and practice pointers relating to the Trump administration's proclamations, executive orders, and policy changes, including:
- family separation and reunification;
- increased detention of asylum seekers;
- "Remain in Mexico" and the Migration Protection Protocols;
- “last in, first out” processing of affirmative asylum claims;
- the refugee travel ban;
- the "asylum ban";
- the border wall;
- and more.
- new chapters on seeking asylum protection at the border and representing asylum seekers with removal orders; and
- a new section on client representation skills and how to meet your clients' burden of proof.
The Asylum Primer is the all-in-one reference that is:
- a comprehensive, procedural "walk-through" of the entire U.S. asylum process from an asylum-seeker's entry into the country through his or her acquisition of U.S. citizenship;
- a manual of strategies and practical guidance for creative and zealous advocacy; and
- a guide to sources of U.S. asylum law and historical development.
Order your copy today!