AILA's Immigration Litigation Toolbox, 7th ed.
The 7th edition of AILA's Immigration Litigation Toolbox is designed to guide practitioners through any type of contested immigration matter. Although removal defense practitioners will find this Toolbox invaluable, it also serves any lawyer seeking to challenge USCIS and DOL decisions at the administrative level and anyone who must bring a case to the federal district or appellate courts. This essential resource includes immigration litigation strategies, samples, and practice tips to help you litigate with confidence.
With the Litigation Toolbox, you'll find template and sample pleadings, motions, briefs, and other essential documents covering a variety of topics and multiple fora, including:
- Bond and custody issues
- Preliminary matters/master hearings, including change of venue, administrative closure, continuances, evidentiary issues, and motions to terminate
- Merits hearings, including requests for adjustment of status, asylum, cancellation of removal, and voluntary departure
- Post-decision filings, such as motions to reopen
- BIA appeals, including interlocutory/bond appeals, direct appeals, and intervening motions
- Challenges to USCIS and DOL denials, including at the AAO and BALCA level
- Federal court proceedings, including petitions for writs of mandamus and habeas corpus, Administrative Procedure Act litigation, discovery, FOIA litigation, motions for EAJA fees, and more
A resource every immigration attorney should have in their arsenal, AILA's Immigration Litigation Toolbox will help you plan a strategic approach for every case and make litigation a welcome part of your everyday practice.