Investing in Foreign Citizenship for U.S. Immigration Benefits - Recording (.MP3)
Over the past decade, a growing number of countries, including Spain, Turkey, and Grenada, have offered “citizenship by investment.” These programs allow individuals to obtain citizenship for a financial investment into their country. One of the benefits of such programs is that foreign nationals may be able to acquire U.S. immigration status via their second citizenship that may not have been available to them previously. In this intermediate seminar, the panelists will discuss various investor programs and provide an in-depth analysis as to how citizenship by investment may provide additional routes to U.S. immigration.
- Who Applies for Investor Programs and Why
- Understanding Various Immigrant Investor Programs, Including an Introduction into Various Country Programs, Investment Amounts, and the Timeline for Citizenship
- The Challenges of Foreign Investor Programs: Cost, Timing, and Compliance Considerations
- Residency Requirements and Tax Implications in the New Citizenship Country
- Overview of U.S. Immigration Benefits from Secondary Citizenship: Visa-Free Travel and E-2 Investment Visa Transitioning Investment from E-2 to EB-5
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found [here].
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email firstname.lastname@example.org.