A Conversation with AILA Author, Dree Collopy - Roundtable Recording
1:00 PM (ET)
AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are free learning opportunities for AILA members that feature a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to share and learn on a variety of topics. AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by two AILA members selected for their expertise. Registration through Agora is limited, on a first come, first serve basis. Sessions take place via the Zoom conferencing platform.
- New regulations and proposed regulations, impacting asylum eligibility and asylum seekers' eligibility to apply for work authorization.
- COVID-19's impact on asylum seekers: border closure and exclusions, asylum office and immigration court processing.
- Current state of border processing: Remain in Mexico/MPP program, Asylum Cooperative Agreements, and PACER/HARP.
- Updates on the "asylum bans," including the third-country transit ban.
- Dree K. Collopy, Author, AILA's Asylum Primer: A Practical Guide to U.S. Asylum Law and Procedure, 8th Ed.
- Danielle Polen, Moderator, AILA National