Litigating Your Way Out of Delay - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
Have your clients been waiting for a decision for too long? Are your cases outside of standard processing times or are standard processing times beyond what is reasonable? Is the government unresponsive to status inquiries? There are remedies! Our panel of experts will provide practical tips regarding how to litigate your cases out of delay.
- Mandamus: What Are the Requirements to File, and How Have Agencies and Courts Responded?
- "Unreasonable Delay" Claims Under the Administrative Procedure Act
- Practical Considerations for USCIS Delays: Family Petitions, Work Permits, U Visas, Naturalization, and Asylum Interviews
- Practical Considerations for Delays at DOS and Consulates Worldwide
- Where Should the Complaint Be Filed, and What Are the Steps to Successfully Complete Mandamus and Unreasonable Delay Litigation?
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found on the AILA Seminar Recordings page.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email firstname.lastname@example.org.