Defying Non-Reviewability: How to Proceed After a Consular Denial - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
Consular practice strikes fear in the hearts of many practitioners due to the non-reviewability of consular decisions. But are consular denials truly final? What can be done if your client is refused a visa by the consulate? Our panel of experts will discuss what options and tools practitioners can use to overcome consular denials and visa refusals due to public charge, smuggling, unlawful presence, alleged misrepresentations, and other issues.
- Engaging the Post After a Denial or Visa Refusal: Communicating with the Consulate
- Practical Tips for Visa Refusals or Waiver Revocations Due to Public Charge, Smuggling, Unlawful Presence, Alleged Misrepresentations, and Other Common Grounds
- How to Effectively Utilize LegalNet, the Public Inquiries Office, and the AILA DOS Liaison Committee
- Challenging the Doctrine of Consular Non-Reviewability
- Seeking Congressional Assistance
- Bringing a Mandamus Action Against the Consulate
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found on the AILA Seminar Recordings page.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email firstname.lastname@example.org.