Maintenance of Status: What You Need to Know in the Current Climate - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
Our panel of experts will discuss how to advise clients about maintaining legal status during these uncertain times, especially for those impacted by layoffs. They also will offer tips and strategies for providing effective counsel to nonimmigrant (NIV) and intending immigrant clients that fall out of status.
- Effects of Layoffs, Furloughs, Benching, Reduction in Hours, and Gaps in Employment of NIVs (Hs, F-1s (OPT, STEM, and CPT), TNs, L-1s, Os, Es, etc.)
- Change of Status and Maintenance of Status
- B-2 as a Strategy: Important Issues
- F-1: Can the Beneficiary Start Taking Classes Prior to Approval?
- Issues and Tips When Filing “Bridging” Change of Status or Transfer Petitions—e.g., H to B to H
- Adjustment of Status Filings: What Happens When the Foreign National Fails to Maintain NIV Status?
- Advance Parole Travel vs. Travel on H-1B or L-1 with Pending Adjustment of Status
This Program is CLE Eligible
CLE processing is included with purchase for all nonmembers. Members receiving this recording as a free member benefit may also obtain CLE credit for the program. To elect to receive credit for this seminar in eligible jurisdictions, please complete payment of a $35 CLE administration fee for each individual seminar you wish to report on ailawebCLE.org. Payment must be completed before AILA will process CLE attendance. Detailed information on how to obtain CLE can be found on the AILA Seminar Recordings page.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, email email@example.com.