Winning Withholding of Removal and Convention Against Torture Cases - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
Is your client barred from asylum? If so, this seminar is for you. Our expert panelists will address practical tips for how to represent your clients in successful applications for withholding of removal or protection under the Convention Against Torture (CAT).
- What Are the Requirements for Withholding of Removal Under INA §241(b), Withholding of Removal Under CAT, and Deferral of Removal Under CAT?
- Isn't It Just Like Asylum? Derivatives (or Lack Thereof), Credibility Standards, and the Many Ways That Seeking and Winning Alternative Relief Is Distinct from Asylum
- How to Prepare Successful Evidence, Experts, and Testimony for a Withholding of Removal or CAT Case
- Post-Grant Issues: What Happens After Your Client Is Granted Withholding or Deferral of Removal?
- The Effects of COVID-19 on Withholding of Removal and CAT Cases
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE within one week of the program. Attendance reported after the reporting period is subject to administrative late fees. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.