AILA Removal Defense Online Course
This self-paced CLE online course, eligible for up to 25 total credits (including 1.75 ethics credits), provides an intermediate-level resource for Removal Defense practitioners to help them navigate the many ins and outs of removal defense practice. The 7 course modules take participants through the removal defense journey, from custody and bond issues, through motions to reopen and reconsider. In each module, participants learn from instructive videos, articles and practice advisories, sample forms and letters, and quick reference resources such as charts, checklists, or templates. The course provides hands-on engagement via interactive elements such as discussion questions, practice exercises, quizzes, and tests at the end of each module.
- Module 1: Custody, Bond, and Bond Appeals
- Module 2: Analyzing the Notice to Appear (NTA)
- Module 3: Pretrial Practice and Motions
- Module 4: Criminal Removability with the Categorical and Modified Categorical Approach
- Module 5: Waivers and Relief: Technical Aspects Impacting Eligibility
- Module 6: Appeals: Preparing the Record and Presenting the Case for BIA and Circuit Court Review
- Module 7: Motions to Reopen and Motions to Reconsider
Each course registration allows one participant to take the course; multiple users are not allowed to take the course at the same time with the same login.
|AILA Law Student Members||$200|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$250|
|Nonmember Law Students||$300|