New Public Charge Rule: USCIS and DOS Guidance and Forms - Recording (.MP3)
02:00 PM (ET)
Adjustment of status (AOS) immigrant visa applicants beware! On February 24, 2020, USCIS began requiring a new form when applying: the "I-944 Declaration of Self-Sufficiency." Likewise, consulates abroad will now be using an equivalent form: the "DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire." Our expert faculty will examine these forms and the new public charge rule in depth, making this seminar a must for anyone practicing in this area.
- Brief Overview and History of USCIS Public Charge
- How Do the Two Agencies Interpret This Ground?
- How Will USCIS and DOS Use Forms I-944 and DS-5540 to Determine Public Charge Inadmissibility?
- Get Ready to Dig Deep: Additional Information and Documentation Required
- What's Your Time Worth? An Estimate of the Time Required to Complete the New Forms