Stuck in the Affirmative Asylum Backlog: What Are My Options? - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
With backlogs increasing at Asylum Offices across the nation and fewer applicants being selected for interviews under Priority 1 scheduling, more clients (and potential clients) are looking for options to secure permanent residence or other status earlier. Our panel of experts will discuss options, strategies, and challenges for these applicants.
- What Are Important Considerations, Challenges, and Advantages for Maintaining Your Client’s Nonimmigrant Status
- Your Client Is a Beneficiary of an Approved I-140, I-130 Petition, or the Diversity Visa Lottery: Can Your Client Adjust Status?
- Is Travel on Advance Parole an Option While the I-589 Application Is Pending?
- Pursuing Ways to Circumvent the Backlog, Including Expedited Processing Requests or Derivative Applications
- Options for Your Client’s Family Members to Come to the United States: Humanitarian Parole, a Nonimmigrant Visa, etc.
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.