Advanced FOIA Techniques: Beyond 101 - Recording (.MP3)
2:00 PM (ET)
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) can be very useful but also frustrating. What are speedy and effective ways of getting information? What can be done now that the government is taking longer and longer to reply to FOIA requests? Join our experts as they share their experiences and offer their best FOIA tips and tricks.
- Do You Have to (and Should You) Use Form G-639? What Information Must Be Included, and What Should You Leave Out, to Protect Your Client?
- Tips and Tricks for FOIA Requests Before USCIS, ICE, CBP, DOS, EOIR, and OBIM
- How to Fight Agency Delays with Expedite Requests, Identifying the Right Processing Track for Your FOIA Request, and Litigation
- What Are the Most Common FOIA Exemptions? What Arguments Work Best to Secure the Release of the Most Documents?
- How to File Quick and Effective FOIA Appeals
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.