2020 Updates and Hot Topics in Family-Based Adjustment of Status Cases - Recording (.MP3)
In light of numerous policy updates, decreasing access to USCIS district offices, and lengthy processing times, our panel of experts will provide practical tips and innovative solutions to guide your family-based clients smoothly and successfully through the adjustment of status process.
- How to Move Cases Forward with Limited Access to USCIS Field Offices: Status Inquiries, Expedite Requests, Interview Reschedule Requests, and InfoPass Appointments
- Preparing Clients for Questions Regarding Social Media Presence, I-9 Forms, Past Relationships, Drugs (Including Medical Marijuana), Smuggling, and Other Areas of Possible Inadmissibility
- Best Practices for Handling Marriages, Adjustment of Status Filings, and Other Inconsistent Conduct Within 90 Days of Entry in Nonimmigrant Status
- Preparing Visa Waiver Cases and Advising Clients Regarding Removals Under INA §217(b)(2)
- How to Prepare Clients for Difficult Interviews and Home Visits by Investigators
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.