2020 Strategies for Preventing NOIDs, Denials, and NTA Issuance by USCIS - Recording (.MP3)
In 2018, USCIS issued two new memoranda regarding guidance: (1) to deny applications, petitions, and requests without first issuing a Request for Evidence (RFE) or Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID); and (2) for referral and issuance of Notices to Appear (NTAs). Our panel of experts will discuss how these memoranda are being implemented, and will offer practical advice for strategizing, preparing, and representing clients in affirmative cases before USCIS.
- Should Your Client File an Affirmative Application with USCIS?
- How to Evaluate Facts, Timing, and Strategies for Maximizing Chances of Success and Minimizing Risks of Denial and NTA Issuance
- What Evidence Must Be Submitted at Filing in Order to Avoid Summary Denial of Family-Based and Humanitarian Cases and Waivers?
- Strategies in Developing Your Client’s Story and a Complete List of Evidence: Best Practices
- Strategies for Responding to RFEs: Seeking to Avoid Denial and NTA Issuance
- When Is USCIS Issuing NTAs, and Can Withdrawal of an Application, Refiling, or Appealing Help Prevent an NTA?
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.