2020 Comprehensive Public Charge Update and Strategies - Recording (.MP3)
Following the redefinition of the public charge inadmissibility ground in 2019, our panel of experts provides a comprehensive overview of the new framework for determining public charge inadmissibility for cases before USCIS and the consulates abroad as well as practical tips and lessons learned for how to prepare your clients to overcome public charge issues.
- What Is the New Definition of Public Charge and Public Benefits?
- What Is the New Standard to Determine If an Applicant for Admission Is Inadmissible as a “Public Charge?” To Whom Does It Apply, and Who Is Exempt?
- What Are the New Guidelines for Determining Which State and Federal Benefits Will Result in Public Charge Concerns?
- What Positive and Negative Factors Will Be Considered in the Public Charge Determination?
- Practical Tips and Lessons Learned for Overcoming Public Charges Issues Before USCIS and Consulates Abroad
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.