AILA's Asylum Combo (2019 Ed.)
Bundle & Save
|Format||Print / Webcast|
As of June 2019, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees reports that we are witnessing the highest levels of displacement on record, with an unprecedented 70.8 million displaced people around the world who have been forced from their homes. Among them are nearly 25.9 million refugees, millions of stateless people, and 3.5 million asylum seekers. Rather than providing a meaningful opportunity to seek protection, which is a legal and universal human right, the United States is offering the lowest refugee admissions numbers since the creation of the program and an asylum system blocked by numerous barriers – both actual and invisible. It has never been more important to have a solid understanding of asylum law and practice so that you can effectively advocate for the critical protections that your clients need and deserve. Two of AILA’s top resources on asylum law and practice—offered here as a combo for even greater member savings—owill provide you with the foundation you need to succeed in the rapidly shifting asylum landscape.
AILA’s Asylum Primer
AILA's Asylum Primer is the all-in-one reference guide to U.S. asylum law and procedure that includes:
- a comprehensive, procedural "walk-through" of the entire U.S. asylum process from an asylum-seeker's entry into the country through his or her acquisition of U.S. citizenship;
- a manual of strategies and practical guidance for creative and zealous advocacy; and
- a guide to sources of U.S. asylum law and historical development.
New to the 8th edition are chapters on seeking asylum protection at the border and representing asylum seekers with removal orders, as well as on client representation skills and best practices for meeting your clients’ burden of proof.
2019 Asylum Conference Webcast Recording
The 2019 AILA Asylum Conference, recorded on October 18, discussed the administration’s recent attacks on the asylum system, offered expert guidance on new strategies to employ in immigration court, and provided other essential tools for practitioners to use as they continue to advocate for the critical protections their clients need and deserve.
- Hot Topics: Current Policy Developments Impacting Asylum Seekers, including discussions on CBP turn-backs, metering, criminal prosecution of asylum seekers, family separation/reunification, the “asylum ban,” the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), the border wall, backlogs, and anticipated changes.
- Asylum Advocacy in a Post-Matter of A–B– World
- Discerning, Crafting, and Defending Particular Social Groups
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review AILA's Asylum Combo (2019 Ed.)!