Opportunities for Naturalization While Residing Abroad - Recording (.MP3)
In the current climate, it is imperative to consider creative options that could allow eligible clients to naturalize. Some lawful permanent residents (LPRs) who frequently travel internationally may be exempt from the physical presence and continuous residence requirements for U.S. naturalization. Our panel of experts will provide practical guidance on underutilized opportunities for naturalization, including expedited naturalization under INA §319(b) for spouses of U.S. citizens who work abroad with the U.S. government or military, certain American companies, public international organizations, or American research or religious institutions. They also will guide practitioners through the process of filing an Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes, or a Reentry Permit for LPRs who are employed abroad.
- Form N-470: What Are Procedures and Best Practices for Preserving Residence for Naturalization Purposes While Residing Abroad?
- Expedited Naturalization Under INA §319(b): What Is the Naturalization Process for the Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Working Abroad for a U.S. Entity?
- When Can Members or Veterans of the U.S. Military Apply for Expedited Naturalization?
- When Does a Client Working Abroad Require a Reentry Permit?
- What Are the Tax Implications of Residing Abroad for Purposes of Naturalization?
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Opportunities for Naturalization While Residing Abroad - Recording (.MP3)!