Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence: How to Avoid Nasty Surprises AC19 (.MP3)
Many immigration lawyers cringe when their clients tell them about a great merger opportunity, because the opportunity carries with it immigration compliance headaches. Whether the attorney learns of the merger before or after it occurred determines the size of the headache. The experts on this advanced-level panel will explore due diligence obligations before the merger, and examine whether resuscitation is possible if the merger has already occurred and has created negative immigration consequences.
- Transactional Due Diligence: Does the Offered Transaction Format (e.g., Merger/Spin-Off/Reverse Merger/Asset Sale) Preserve the Qualifying Bases of Existing Visas?
- If Yes: Do Any Amended Petitions Need to Be Filed or Labor Condition Applications Posted?
- If No: Are There Alternative Visas to Seek or a Possible Change to the Transaction Structure?
- Is This a Timing Issue?
- Compliance Due Diligence
- Assessing Whether Your Client is Acquiring an I-9 Compliant Company
- Do All Existing Nonimmigrant Foreign Nationals Comply with the Terms of Their Visas and Petitions?
- Will Your Client Become H Dependent or Subject to Higher Fees?
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence: How to Avoid Nasty Surprises AC19 (.MP3)!