Motivating Business Clients with Problem Cases to Litigate AC19 (.MP3)
Liaison is closed and appeals take too long. USCIS has rescinded deference to prior approvals and a potential notice to appear is now looming. Time to sue! The experts in this session will provide an overview of the litigation process to business practitioners, identify who can sue, and address the risks and benefits.
- Causes of Action in Federal Court: Administrative Procedure Act (APA), Federal Question Jurisdiction, Mandamus, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Etc.
- Exhaustion of Remedies and Standing: Who Can Sue? Can a Group of Affected Employers Sue as a Class?
- Creating the Record: Preparing a Well-Documented Petition and RFE Response Before Federal Court Litigation
- Structuring Fees So Clients Are Encouraged to Pursue Litigation, Recovery of Fees
- Risks and Benefits: What Is the Return on the Employer’s Investment?
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view theOnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.