Build and Manage Your Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind)
As lawyers we likely never learned many of the critical skills we will need if we decide to open our own firms. We probably never went to business school, learned how to manage people, or how to provide excellent customer service -- and yet we may find ourselves at the helm of one of the most complicated small businesses to run. Written by law practice management expert and successful immigration law firm leader Ruby Powers, Build and Manage a Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind) provides immigration attorneys with an on-point practical guide to both starting and then growing an immigration law firm, complete with all the tips and tricks the author has learned over her 10 years as a law firm owner and manager. This book is a comprehensive guide for the practitioner-turned-businessowner who wants to hit the ground running or take his or her firm to the next level.
Even a single piece of advice contained in Build and Manage a Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind) will save anyone running an immigration law practice countless hours of frustration and lead to greater efficiencies—and this book is full of them. You will get the benefit of Ruby Powers’ hard-earned wisdom as she shares:
- The importance of goal-setting and having a vision and plan for your firm
- How to juggle your managerial focus, your long-term business planning, and your legal skills development
- Best practices in hiring, managing, and firing employees and contractors
- Ways to build self-care and awareness of burnout and compassion fatigue into your day-to-day life
- How to best organize your day and week, and how to set goals for optimal productivity and momentum
- How to manage a budget and avoid “bank-balance accounting”
- Best practices for keeping you and your team updated with the latest changes in immigration law
And much more
Whether you are a new law firm owner or about to take that leap, Build and Manage a Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind) will give you the assurance that you have considered all aspects of running a law firm and won’t make costly mistakes—or lose your mind—in the process.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Build and Manage Your Successful Immigration Law Practice (Without Losing Your Mind)!