AILA's Immigration Litigation Toolbox, 6th Ed. (Downloadable)
The practical advice and tools included in this resource will help you develop the procedures necessary to build a complete record in the event litigation is necessary.
With the Litigation Toolbox, you'll find sample pleadings, motions, briefs, and other essential documents covering a variety of topics and multiple fora, including:
- Bond and custody issues
- Preliminary matters/master hearings, including change of venue, administrative closure, continuances, evidentiary issues, and motions to terminate
- Merits hearings, including requests for adjustment of status, asylum, cancellation of removal, and voluntary departure
- Post-decision filings, such as motions to reopen
- BIA appeals, including interlocutory/bond appeals, direct appeals, and intervening motions
- Challenges to USCIS and DOL denials
- Federal court proceedings, including petitions for writs of mandamus and habeas corpus, Administrative Procedure Act litigation, discovery, FOIA litigation, motions for EAJA fees, and more
A resource every immigration attorney should have in his or her arsenal, AILA's Immigration Litigation Toolbox will help you plan a strategic approach for every case and make litigation a welcome part of your everyday practice.