Travel Ban: On-the-Ground Updates on the Waiver Process - Recording (.MP3)
Since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the legality of “Travel Ban 3.0” in the summer of 2018, the waiver process has lacked transparency, consistency, and formal guidance, leaving a cloud of uncertainty for affected immigrants. The panelists will provide an update on recent trends immigration attorneys are experiencing throughout the waiver process at U.S. embassies around the world. They also will discuss advising clients whose lives have been put on hold due to the ban.
- Who Is Subject to Travel Ban 3.0, and What Are the Exemptions?
- How the Waiver Process Is Being Implemented at Various U.S. Embassies: Reports and Anecdotes
- Establishing Eligibility for a Waiver, Strengthening the Waiver Application, and Preparing Your Client for the Consular Interview
- What to Expect After the Interview: How to Address Administrative Processing, Denials, or Approvals
- The Latest Litigation and Challenges to Travel Ban 3.0
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Travel Ban: On-the-Ground Updates on the Waiver Process - Recording (.MP3)!