Options for Clients with a Prior Removal Order Picked Up by ICE - Recording (.MP3)
Your client has a prior removal order and either never left the United States or has reentered. ICE has come knocking and you are facing an emergency because your client could be removed from the country in less than a week. There is little time for research. The family is desperate and looking for answers. What do you do? This panel of experts provides options and advice for when a client with a prior removal order is apprehended by ICE.
- Relationship with Local ICE Officials: How to Obtain Information Regarding the “A Number,” Prior Removals, Immigration History, and Criminal History
- Options If Your Client Never Left After a Removal Order: Motion to Reopen and Emergency Stay of Removal or Deportation
- Options After Executed Removal Order: Motion to Reopen, Emergency Stay of Removal or Deportation, and Reasonable Fear Interview
- How to Address Federal Prosecution for Reentry Under 8 USC §1326 and Collaborate with Criminal Defense Counsel
- Petitions for Review and Emergency Stays Filed in Circuit Court Requesting Review of Removal Orders Affirmed by the BIA or Issued by ICE Under INA §§241(a)(5) or 238(b)
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Options for Clients with a Prior Removal Order Picked Up by ICE - Recording (.MP3)!