Assault on Asylum: Navigating the Proposals to Limit Access to Asylum - Recording (.MP3)
On January 25, 2019, DHS announced the launch of the Migrant Protection Protocols, a plan to keep asylum seekers in Mexico while they pursue asylum before an immigration judge. This follows last fall's presidential proclamation barring individuals from seeking asylum who have entered without inspection at the U.S.-Mexico border. The panelists will provide key analysis regarding the two proposals, what practitioners need to know about them, what is happening at the border, and the latest in litigation challenging the administration's attempts to restrict asylum protections.
- Updates from the Border: What Is Really Going on in Tijuana?
- The Proposed "Remain in Mexico" Program Seeking to Keep Asylum Seekers in Mexico
- Analysis of the Presidential Proclamation and Joint Rule Barring Asylum to Applicants Who Enter Without Inspection at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- The Impact of Grace v. Whitaker in Credible/Reasonable Fear Proceedings and Beyond
- The Latest Litigation Challenging Access to Asylum
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Assault on Asylum: Navigating the Proposals to Limit Access to Asylum - Recording (.MP3)!