Risky Naturalization Issues: Bridging the Gap from Residency to Citizenship AC18 (.MP3)
Panelists for this advanced-level session will discuss issues, both common and obscure, that may affect a noncitizen’s ability to naturalize and, in some cases, endanger his or her residency status.
- Abandonment and Preservation of Residency
- Dealing with Removable and Deportable Offenses (Civil or Criminal): Tax Violations, Legalized Marijuana, Unlawful Voting
- Good Moral Character Issues: Unpaid Taxes and Child Support, Adultery
- Nunc Pro Tunc Possibilities When LPR Status Was Not Lawfully Obtained
- Jennifer Walker Gates (DL), Austin, TX
- Sabrina R. Damast, Los Angeles, CA
- Christina H. Lee, San Francisco, CA
- Thomas J. Shea, New York, NY
*For a complete list of all the sessions offered at the 2018 Annual Conference please view the Conference Program.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Fraud and Revocation: Post-Maslenjak Naturalization and Implications for Other Applications AC18 (.MP3)
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Risky Naturalization Issues: Bridging the Gap from Residency to Citizenship AC18 (.MP3)!