Physician Issues: Nonimmigrant Visas to Permanent Residence - Recording (.MP3)
Practitioners need to know the practical considerations when filing nonimmigrant visa (NIV) and immigrant visa (IV) applications for physicians. Our panel of experts will discuss the next steps after a physician receives a J-1 waiver, including the timing of NIV application filings and when the physician needs to obtain licensure.
- What Is an “Unqualified Physician,” and Who Needs the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and/or Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)?
- Physicians of National or International Renown (H-1B) or Acclaim (O-1): What Credentials Qualify?
- Physicians Qualifying for EB-1A, EB-1B: Do They Need USMLE and/or ECFMG?
- Canadian Physicians: What Is Required for the NIV or IV If the Physician Attended a Canadian Medical School?
- Other IV Categories: What Is Required If a Physician Proceeds with a National Interest Waiver or PERM? Do They Still Need USMLE and/or ECFMG?
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Physician Issues: Nonimmigrant Visas to Permanent Residence - Recording (.MP3)!