Advanced Issues in Asylum and Withholding of Removal - Recording (.MP3)
Twenty percent of asylum-seekers are denied because they missed the one-year filing deadline. Our panel of asylum experts will discuss strategies for dealing with this problem
- Exceptions to the One-Year Deadline
- Extraordinary Circumstances: Serious Illness or Mental or Physical Disability, Legal Disability, Ineffective Assistance of Counsel, and Maintenance of Lawful Status
- Changed Circumstances in Country of Nationality or Changed Personal Circumstances
- When You Can’t Get Around the One-Year Deadline: Winning Withholding of Removal
- Family as Social Group: Matter of L–E–A–
- Asylum and Withholding Applicants with Criminal Issues, INTERPOL Red Notices
- Dual Nationalities, Firm Resettlement, and Other Common Challenges
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.