Acquired and Derivative Citizenship - Recording (.MP3)
Sometimes your client doesn’t even know they are a U.S. citizen! Our panel of experts will discuss the various ways your client can automatically become a citizen, and include an overview of both acquired and derivative citizenship. Panelists will share tips for determining which requirements your client is subject to, and the practical concerns that arise when applying for a passport or certificate of citizenship.
- When Do Individuals Acquire Citizenship at Birth?
- When Do Individuals Derive Citizenship from the Naturalization of a Parent?
- Documenting Your Client’s Claim to Acquired or Derivative Citizenship: Applying for Certificates of Citizenship, Certificates of Birth Abroad, and U.S. Passports
- Which Document Is the Best Proof of Citizenship: A Passport or Certificate of Citizenship?
- Sessions v. Morales-Santana: How Did the U.S. Supreme Court Change Citizenship Law?
- Grandparent Issues: Documenting the Grandparent’s Citizenship and Residency to Prove the Parent’s Citizenship
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Acquired and Derivative Citizenship - Recording (.MP3)!