The New Adjustment of Status Form I-485 - Recording (.MP3)
Beginning August 25, 2017, USCIS will only accept the latest version of Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status (6/26/17 edition). At 18 pages, this new form is significantly different from the six-page form practitioners have known and used for years. Join AILA’s panel of experts as they break down the new Form I-485 and offer tactics and strategies for solving some of the thornier problems regarding admissibility.
- Overview of Form Changes, Expansion of Eligibility and Admissibility Questions
- Criminal Acts and Violations: “Controlled Substances” and Other Issues
- Illegal Entries and Other Immigration Violations: What About Materiality?
- Issues that Go Beyond the Scope of the Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Documentary Requirements
- Should Fee Structures and/or Office Procedures Be Changed Given the Length and Complexity of the New Form?