Preparing and Presenting Central American Asylum Claims: Tips and Tricks for Success AC17 (.MP3)
As the refugee crisis in Central America worsens, the U.S. asylum system continues to fail to protect bona fide refugees from the dangers of this region. Panelists on this intermediate– to advanced-level panel will provide an overview of case law developments in Central American asylum claims, and will discuss strategies for successfully preparing and presenting claims for an extremely vulnerable population in need of creative and zealous advocacy.
- Overview of Gang-Based Case Law Developments and Current Strategies for Utilizing and Distinguishing Precedent
- Presenting Political Opinion Claims in the Context of Third-Generation Gang Violence
- How to Demonstrate Nexus in the Presence of “Mixed Motives”
- Experts and Evidence: Educating and Convincing the Adjudicator
- CAT as an Alternative Form of Relief
- Dree K. Collopy (DL), AILA Author, AILA’s Asylum Primer, 7th Ed., Washington, DC
- Brian J. Hoffman, Wooster, OH
- Ashley Huebner, Chicago, IL
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Preparing and Presenting Central American Asylum Claims: Tips and Tricks for Success AC17 (.MP3)!