Acquiring Citizenship Outside Standard Naturalization Procedures - Recording (.MP3)
In general, a noncitizen may apply for naturalization five years after becoming a lawful permanent resident (LPR), provided the LPR meets the physical presence, good moral character, and literacy requirements. There are, however, situations in which different rules apply. Our speakers will discuss various special circumstances where clients may apply for naturalization or a certificate of citizenship outside standard naturalization procedures.
- Under What Circumstances Should an LPR Married to a USC for Three Years Apply for Naturalization?
- Special Naturalization Provisions for LPRs Who Gained Status Through VAWA
- Naturalization Procedures for Individuals Whose Spouses Are Employed or Stationed Abroad
- Special Provisions for Individuals Who Have Served in the U.S. Military
- Children Born Abroad Relying on the Residence of Their Parents or Grandparents
- How to Obtain Proof of Derivative Citizenship for Children
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Acquiring Citizenship Outside Standard Naturalization Procedures - Recording (.MP3)!