Ethical Challenges of Engagement Agreements and Fees AC17 (.MP3)
Though entering into an engagement agreement with your client is a best practice, a poorly drafted engagementagreement can do more harm than good. Panelists will identify key considerations in preparing and using engagementagreements. They also will address considerations in setting and communicating fees to your clients.
- Best Practices and Common Pitfalls with Engagement Agreements
- Key Provisions of a Successful Engagement Agreement
- Effectively Setting and Communicating Fees
- Hourly vs. Flat Fees
- When and How to Disengage
- Ruby Lichte Powers (DL), AILA Practice Management Committee Chair, Houston, TX
- Robert E. Juceam, AILA Past President, New York, NY
- Melissa Chavin, London, UK
- Helen A. Sklar, Los Angeles, CA
*This is a preliminary session description. All sessions and events are subject to change without notice. For a complete list of all the sessions offered at the 2017 Annual Conference please view the Conference Program.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.