Dabbling in a Global Practice: Important Ethical Issues to Consider AC17 (.MP3)
Many immigration practitioners either already handle some global cases or are contemplating the idea. Speakers on this all-levels panel will highlight some of the key issues that U.S. practitioners should be concerned about regarding handling non-U.S. cases.
- Understanding and Avoiding Ethical Issues in Advising Clients on Non-U.S. Immigration
- Foreign Compliance Issues—FCPA, Anti Bribery Laws, and Managing Local Compliance
- Consular Processing and Issues Regarding the Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Working with Foreign Counsel to Ensure Clients Get the Right Advice and You Stay on the Right Side of the Law
- Pointers from the ABA Model Rules of Practice as Applicable to a Global Immigration Practice
- Poorvi Chothani (DL), Mumbai, India
- Maria L. Celebi, Istanbul, Turkey
- Elise A. Fialkowski, Philadelphia, PA
- Audrey Lustgarten, Harbor Springs, MI
*This is a preliminary session description. All sessions and events are subject to change without notice. For a complete list of all the sessions offered at the 2017 Annual Conference please view the Conference Program.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Dabbling in a Global Practice: Important Ethical Issues to Consider AC17 (.MP3)!